Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2007

A week in my life Day 1

I don't know how this will work out, I'm going to use my blog as a kind of online diary for a week. The experiment begins today.
Got up. Breakfast. Prepared for Sunday morning service. Preaching all day at Penknap Providence Church. I led the service & preached on John 6:22-36. My headings were: I. Do not work for the food that perishes, II. Work for the food that endures to everlasting life, III. Jesus said "I am the bread of life". The main emphasis of the message was that only Jesus, the bread of life can satisfy our deepest longings. Service was followed by a nice after church fellowship.
Had lunch. Visited church member who has been unwell. Relieved to find her feeling much better. Prepared for 6.00pm meeting, had tea. Led the service and preached on Hebrews 12:3-11. Headings: I. Running the race requires discipline, II. Discipline is a mark of sonship, III. The purpose of discipline. The burden of the message was that God disciplines us to run the race of faith via trials and afflictions that we may partake of his holiness.
Came home, played Uno with family, followed by family worship, reading from Genesis 24. We all prayed. Kids to bed. Blogged. Now I'm off downstairs to read Lloyd-Jones on Romans 9 & have a cup of tea.

No comments: